Tuesday 16 September 2014

Lighting by House of Fraser and Tug Competition

House and Fraser and Tug are running a competition for one person to win a lamp! The lucky winner gets to select their choice from a variety of six very different lamps - ranging from floor-standing to table-top, and in style from modern to chic to retro. To enter, you say which lamp you like the best, what your style is, and where you would put it in your home if you won.

It was quite difficult narrowing down which lamp was my favourite - they were all so lovely... very different styles, but each of them would look amazing in a variety of places and each of them appealing and stylish. Narrowing down just the one style was also difficult! I think I enjoy different aspects of each of those three styles. In the end, I have selected lamp number one!


Cage Tripod Floor Lamp £156.00 (reduced from £195.00)

I absolutely love this lamp - it's sort of modern and retro and vintage in style all at once! I think this would be listed as a modern style for competition purposes though. It's quite a statement lamp, I don't really have anything else in my home that looks like this, but it's also quite a simple and easy to look at piece. A number of my relatives have all been involved with photography - whether as an occupation or as a hobby - and this lamp reminds me a bit of the old fashioned equipment and spotlights that I grew up seeing.

My personal style is a bit mixed really. I love modern, minimal, earthy, rustic, quirky, practical, stylish, eclectic, and geeky. I enjoy retro. I absolutely adore vintage - I run my own vintage jewellery company, and regularly have trouble 'not' keeping all of the different pieces I come upon! My bedroom is a mix of creams and greys in gentle, feminine and vintage styles. I love it. In thinking about where I need/would like to put a lamp, I have realised that I have different priorities for different areas of the house. Upstairs rooms can be a little luxurious, plush... downstairs should be much more straight. Comfortable, but uncluttered and practical.

Obviously a floor lamp takes up a bit more space than a table lamp would do - but I think this lamp would look fantastic in my living room. It has quite an earthy, rustic, laid back feel - but also a designed, modern and timeless one. There are original photos on the walls from my professional photographer family member, and rounded (ish) black glass end tables and accessories (such as the vase pictured below) and other items.


My lounge is a bit of a work in progress - it's getting there, but there are a few things missing still to make it perfect. One of these things is LAMPS. There are no lamps. Just the one ceiling light, which is the same one that was there before the room was redecorated - a slightly dated looking fan light. It doesn't really go with the rest of the room, and the light it gives out isn't great. It's quite a big room, so it could probably do with some lamps to help cover the different areas and angles. Living in the countryside, it gets very dark in the evenings/at night - and you can really tell that the lighting in this room isn't the best - so having some good, or at least additional, lighting in there would be brilliant.


There are also four bookcases in my living room - some with books, some with other mixed media (DVDs, CDs). It would be nice to have a good lamp in the room to use when curling up with a nice cup of tea and a book!

While entering this competition, I thought I'd have a look around at some of the other products available at House of Fraser - and I found some other amazing lighting products I'd love to have too. I tend to have quite earthy tastes, and I enjoy including slightly quirky items around my home. Click on the links below to visit the store pages.


Above: Linea Pineapple Table Lamp £32.00 (reduced from £40.00, also available in blue and black)



Above: Living by Christiane Lemieux Maya Ceramic Table Lamp £80.00 (reduced from £100.00)
Below: House of Fraser Gemini Candlestick Lamp Pair £64.00 (reduced from £80.00)


You can find details of the competition, and view the different lamps on offer, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...